In honor of one of my favorite days of the year, Halloween, I thought I’d do another tag, this one filled with a bunch of scary and spooky questions. Also, this year’s Halloween really kinda sucked so I’m trying to preserve my spirit any way I can. 😀
I found these questions just by googling, they’re up on the blog Mama’s Losin’ It.
1. Favourite horror or Halloween-themed song?
- There are a lot of songs that are a bit creepy, for example when someone is whispering on the recording, but there is one song in particular that I am thinking of right now and that’s “This is Halloween” by Marilyn Manson. It’s not scary or anything, just very Halloween-y and I love it.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
- Uh, someone else maybe? No, seriously though. I don’t get scared easily and it would have to be something that would honestly freak me out, like a clown, for example. Seeing something scary usually isn’t the problem, it’s more of a “did you hear that? What was that?” kinda thing. Because then my imagination runs wild. If I see something, I can deal with it. But imagining a baby crying in an abandoned building? Ha, no, thank you.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
- No, and I don’t intend to. I’m not saying that ‘it really works’ or anything like that, but there are some things that cannot be explained, so I’d rather not tempt fate. I mean…I have seen that Supernatural episode. One way, or another, I’m gonna find you, I’m gonna get you get you get you.
4. Favourite horror monster or villain?
The Joker, hands down. It’s always been the Joker and it always will. There’s a whole other story about this that involves a Joker bicycle horn but I digress. So yeah. There are some other villains out there that are also amazing, like Maleficent, Captain Hook, Scar, The Wicked Witch, Cruella De Vil, the list goes on. It always comes back to the Joker, though. (And you do not even know how excited I am for the new one.)
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
- Uhm, noises in the house that I couldn’t place. I mean…there’s wood in our house so you’d sometimes hear creaking or something, but I’m talking about howling noises or footsteps. Which is weird because I don’t really believe in ghosts. It’s still scary to hear noises when there shouldn’t be any.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
- Nope, absolutely not. Not because I think that the house is actually haunted, but because I’d think that, if someone dares me, they’d make sure I’d get scared to death. So basically I don’t trust people.
7. Are you superstitious?
- If you mean “not walking beneath ladders” or “crossing myself when I see a black cat”, then no. But I do not walk over vents in the ground. That’s more of a “I still don’t trust people” thing, however. I’m just freaking scared of falling into a hole in the ground and breaking bones, you know, than getting cursed.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
- All the freaking time. But I do hallucinate and I was also diagnosed with mental illnesses, so there is that.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
- Anything where monsters take children or young people and/or hurt them. La Llorona is f-ing creepy, scarecrows that take children stealing corn is f-ing creepy. Things like that.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
- Neither, really. When something like that comes up in a movie, it’s usually not the single theme or genre of it, but just a moment’s thing. But I’d have to say I’m way better with blood and body parts than screaming people. I do like a good mixture of everything. And I do like a bit of comedy with my gore and thrill. (TV shows like Supernatural, Buffy/Movies like Hänsel&Gretel)
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
- Yep. I just cannot go with an explanation where THIS is the only thing that’s real or exists.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
- Yes, when I was younger. But that was more playful and not with real intent. I never made a potion with the thought of cursing someone or making them love me. Although…I made potions on Pottermore. I don’t think they’re asking for that with this question, though.
13. Do you get scared easily?
- Not really. I’m very rational and pragmatic sometimes, so things that might scare other people, might not be enough to scare me. It’s the irrational that I fear more, I guess.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
- Grab my weapons? That might sound weird, but I do actually have a wooden stake and a knife right by my bedside, so there you go.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
- Probably one with a villain that’s very easy to read. You know, one where I’d have no trouble figuring out their next step? Or a scary movie where the villain or monster is very lore-heavy and the weapons would be easy to choose because it’s just very clear what you would need. Like the old vampires that you could kill with a stake or the werewolves that you kill with silver bullets.
18. If you could only wear one halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
- At first I was going to say Jack Skellington, but having my face painted for the rest of my life? Yeah, no, not going to happen. A witch, maybe? I love the Sanderson sisters’ outfits. Or something that actually consists of normal clothes, like Buffy? I’ve been her before and it wasn’t even a big deal because she’s human (most of the time) and wears regular clothes.
19. would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
- Yeah, why not? I’ve been to a graveyard in the evening/in the dark before, it’s not a big deal.
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
- Something sharp with a long blade to chop their heads off. A huge axe? A sword? Along those lines.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
- Uhm, both? Like, come on, why choose?
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
- Good question. All of them combined, maybe? I’d be skeptical at first, then get smart and adjust and kill the maniac with a joke on my lips. I guess I’d come out alive but if I had to sacrifice myself and go first, I’d probably do that as well. So basically I’m a Winchester.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
- I’d rather watch no horror at all and the happy movie right away. 😀 And as I said before, scary isn’t usually the problem. I have a bigger issue with emotional turmoil, so that’s when I generally have to go looking for some laughter.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
- The first and the second in one. I yell and I cover my eyes (but not for the whole movie). I don’t fall asleep though. Why would I turn on a movie to sleep? Makes no sense.
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
- Neither. I don’t like to be scared so I don’t like to scare people. Why would I want to do something to others that I don’t want people to do to me? Seems like a shitty move.
26. Favorite scary book?
- Don’t normally read scary stuff, but there was a Buffy novel that I read (and still like to read now, especially around Halloween), that really freaked me out. It’s called Halloween Rain and it has Samhain and Samhuinn and more and all of it is creepy to me.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
- Really young. Around 7, 8, 9 maybe? It’s was The Crow. I don’t think it’s Horror, really, but it’s a dark, dark film. I was quite unfazed, though. And I still absolutely love that movie.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
- I was a vampire. But I have to say this as an explanation: my first Halloween was when I was ten, I think. Halloween isn’t that big around here. What we do celebrate is Karneval, though. So my actual first costume was a smurf, I seem to remember.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
- Nothing. This Halloween sucked. No costume, no party, no freaking pumpkin. Ugh. 😦
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
- ALL OF THEM. Black cats, owls, bats, wolves. But the last three are really hard to keep and also actually better off in the wild, so I’ll go with the black cat. 🙂
And that’s it for now, guys. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you enjoyed your Halloween if you celebrated. 🙂
Thanks for reading.